Tipping Competition2021

A slice of England - Australian Rugby league News
globalrugbyleague - Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:39:00 GMT
Bradford Bulls moved 2 points clear at the top of the table as they beat Harlequins 36-22 at the Twickenham Stoop.

Tries from Jamie Langley and Glenn Morrison had put the Bulls ahead before the Broncos pulled the score back to 12-8 through Paul Sykes and Rob Purdham.

London got into gear when Purdham and Sykes both scored their second before Jon Wells went over to give them the lead.

But the Bulls fought back when Morrison grabbed his second, as well as Iestyn Harris, Lesley Vainikolo and Michael Platt all scoring.

Paul Deacon added 12 points with his boot for Bradford, propelling the Bulls to the top of the league.

The Leeds Rhinos survived a second half comeback to beat Wakefield Trinity Wildcats 32-26 at Belle Vue.

Looking comfortable with half an hour gone after amassing a 24-0 lead, the tries kept coming for the Rhinos from Scott Donald, Keith Senior, Jordan Tansey and Danny McGuire.

But a try from Ben Jefferies catalysed the Wildcats and this was followed by two more from Peter Fox and one from Ryan Atkins. A late score from Ryan Bailey put the Rhinos back in control despite Atkins scoring his second for Wakefield minutes later.

The Huddersfield Giants are still looking for their first win of the season after they were narrowly beaten 23-22 by Les Catalans Dragons.

The Dragons started brilliantly after scoring two quick tries from Thomas Bosc and Lionel Teixido.

They touched down twice more in the second half through Clint Greenshields and Adam Mogg, but had to survive some resistance from the Giants.

Chris Nero and Ryan Hudson had scored before the break with late tries from Stuart Jones and Stephen Wild putting the tie down to the wire.

A Stacey Jones drop goal just before the break was all that separated the two teams.

This left the Giants rooted to the foot of the table with their sixth straight defeat of the season.

Meanwhile reigning World Champions St Helens recent run of form hit a glitch when they were beaten by struggling Hull FC.

The re-run of last seasons Grand Final saw Hull come-out on top 24-12.

James Graham had opened up the scoring for Saints, but Hull FC showed that they have fighting qualities to repeat their feat from last season after they scored through Sid Domic, Kirk Yeaman and Shaun Briscoe, with Danny Tickle adding the rest with the boot.

A late try from Paul Wellens was not enough for Saints, as Hull moved 2 points more from the wrong end of the table.

Salford City Reds’ season got from bad to worse as they were beaten 25-6 by Wigan Warriors.

Chris Ashton who looks set to leave for rugby union, scored Wigan’s opening try, with Sean O’ Loughlin and Mark Calderwood also going over.

All Salford had to offer was a late try from Kevin McGuiness, leaving them only three points above the bottom of the league.

Hull KR were brought crashing back down to earth when they were beaten by Warrington 30-12.

The Rovers have been this season’s surprise package, but the Wolves showed their dominance throughout after tries from Henry Faa’fili, and Ben Westwood, with Paul Johnston and Jon Clarke both scoring twice each.

The Robins managed a late consolation from Byran Ford and a Jason Netherton try earlier on. - Read More, Here