Tipping Competition2021

A Slice Of England - Australian Rugby league News
globalrugbyleague - Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:28:00 GMT
All eyes returned to Round 4 of Super League XII this weekend.

For the first time in their history, Wakefield Trinity Wildcats sit at the top of the Super League table after beating Hull FC 19-6. The victory was even sweeter for Wildcats coach John Kear who made his first return to KC Stadium for the first time Hull sacked him last season.

Jason Demetriou opened up the scoring for the visitors, but Hull reacted quickly through Danny Tickle. However that was all the homeside could manage as the Wildcats went onto secured the win through tries to Paul March and Brett Ferres.

Newly crowned World Champions St. Helens got back to business in the league after they beat high flyers Bradford Bulls 34-22.

A blitz from the champions saw them score five tries inside the opening 20 minutes. Nick Fozzard, Ade Gardner, Jon Wilkin, Willie Talau and Lee Gilmour all scored for the Saints after some outstanding attacking play.

The Bulls responded well through Shontayne Hape and Jamie Langley before the break.

While the visitors continued to press in the second half, the Saints held firm and Bradford could only muster two more touchdowns through David Solomona and Shontayne Hape with his second of the evening.

Surprise package Hull KR earned another fine victory against Brian Noble’s stuttering Wigan side in a 26-16 win at the JJB Stadium.

A 26-0 lead at half time put Rovers in the driving seat, the scores coming from Ben Fisher, Gareth Morton, Luke Dyer and two from Byron Ford.

But Wigan rallied in the second half and were able to respond through Mark Calderwood.

Thomas Leuluai was inspirational in attack and created two more for Shane Millard and Sean O’Loughlin, but Rovers were able to hold on to secure another two points.

Huddersfield’s start to the season got no better when they were beaten 16-12 by the Leeds Rhinos. The encounter was closely contested and saw four players receiving yellow cards.

Clinton Toopi, Jamie Jones-Buchanan and Lee Smith all scored for the Rhinos in the first half, but tries from Earl Crabtree and a late try from Chris Thorman made for a thrilling finale to the fixture.

London missed the chance to go to the top of the league after Warrington came back from behind to win 19-12.

The Broncos were ahead after tries from Matthew Gafa and Scott Hill, but then the Wolves burst into action and scored through Martin Gleeson and Henry Fa’afili before the break.

Fa’afili added a second after half-time and then the Wolves were out of sight with a fourth from Stuart Reardon.

Salford were able to secure their first win of the season in a 10-0 victory over the Catalan Dragons. Tries from Luke Dorn and Malcom Alker were enough to give the Reds all the points. - Read More, Here