Tipping Competition2021

A slice of England - Australian Rugby league News
globalrugbyleague - Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:23:00 GMT
Salford City Reds were robbed of what maybe a crucial two points, after they were beaten 27-26 by St. Helens.

The Reds were 22-14 up at the break after tries from Stefan Ratchford, John Wilshere, David Hodgson and Andy Coley.

Saints had kept in touch through Willie Talau, Leon Pyrce and Francis Meli, before Wilshere’s second put Salford further in-front.

But the Saints fought back and tries from Keiron Cunningham, and Lee Gilmour levelled the scores. It was a dramatic drop-goal in the final minute from Matty Smith that stole the points.

The Reds were unlucky not to share the spoils when Luke Robinson’s drop goal effort hit the post. They now remain 3 points adrift at the bottom of the table.

Bradford Bulls were another of the top teams that came from behind to win, after they beat Les Catalan Dragons 28-20 in Perpignan.

Tries from Cyril Gossard, Thomas Bosc, and John Wilson within the first 20 minutes had given the Dragons an early lead.

Joe Vagana, Paul Deacon and Lesley Vainikolo pulled the scores back before half-time.

Casey MacGuire went over for the Dragons, but Terry Newton and James Evans both scored to secure the win for Bradford.

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats managed a rousing fight-back to beat Hull KR 30-15.

The Wildcats were struggling at half-time after Luke Dyer and Byran Ford had gone over for the Robins.

But five second half tries turned it around, with Matt Blaymire scoring twice, with Ben Jefferies, Paul White and Adam Watene scoring as well.

Ian Hardman scored in the second half for Rovers but Wakefield’s attacking dominance proved too much.

Leeds Rhinos hammered struggling Warrington Wolves 42-26. A Henry Faa’fili hat-trick and two tries from Kevin Penny wasn’t enough to beat the Rhinos who remain joint-top of the league.

Brent Webb scored twice for Leeds, with Keith Senior, Danny McGuire, Clinton Toopi and Ian Kirke all scoring.

Warrington have now only won one of their last eight matches, and they sit in real danger at tenth in the league.

Harlequins overcame Wigan Warriors in a 18-8 victory to move level on points.

Both sides scored twice each, with Paul Sykes and Matthew Gafa going over for the Quins. Chris Ashton and Trent Barrett scored for the Warriors.

It was Paul Sykes kicking that separated the two sides, with 10 points coming from his boots.

Wigan will look to reverse the result next week when the two sides meet in the Carnegie Challenge Cup quarter finals.

Hull FC and Huddersfield Giants exchanged late drop-goals when the sides drew 9-9.

Chris Thorman scored for the Giants early on before Danny Tickle went over for Hull after the interval.

It was Thorman that scored Huddersfield’s late drop goal with five minutes to spare, but Richard Horne levelled the scores in the final moments to set up a tense finale.
Crossley’s Challenge Cup quarter-finals forecast: Warriors to beat Quins by 12, Saints to beat Warrington by 30, Giants to beat Bulls by 6, Hull FC to beat Dragons by 18. - Read More, Here